Introducing Body Philosophy’s first offering geared towards our youngest patrons…..
Be. Uplifted | Children’s Massage
This service, designed for small bodies, combines the use of massage therapy, garshana (a dry brushing technique with roots in Ayurveda), and the power of aromatherapy to provide a safe space for recipients to experience positive physical touch and body-autonomy; where complete decision-making power over the design of this bodywork experience belongs to the child.
Informed lovingly by practitioners at Be., specializing in the fields of yoga and movement, trauma-informed and sensitive psychotherapy, holistic occupational therapy, and synergistic massage and bodywork.
This offering provides numerous benefits to the recipient |
● Stimulate the lymphatic system
● Enhance circulation
● Remove ama (toxins or “sludge” that accumulates in the body when foods do not
● Provide serenity and peace
● Loosen sore and stressed muscles
● Encourage sensory integration
● Improve sleep quality
● Promote self-esteem and self-love
● Dispel nervous energy and calm the system
A first visit will include extended time in the studio |
● Getting to know the practitioner,
● Discussion about the goals for the service with the child and parents/caregivers,
● A thorough explanation of what the child can expect during a bodywork service,
● Light decorating/personalization of the child’s dry brush,
● Selection of appropriate aromatherapy,
● A collection of pertinent health history information,
● Demonstration and discussion about professional draping and the importance of feeling
safe and in control while receiving physical touch.
The child will then experience a 30 minute massage therapy and garshana treatment. The first session also includes a complementary dry brush and at-home instructions for use between treatments. Subsequent treatments can be booked for 30 minutes each. Longer services are also available!
First session 60 minutes $75
Subsequent sessions 30 minutes $40
Meet your provider | MICHELLE VANDEYACHT